We have made it very simple for you to import any of your existing records whether they are seller prospects & leads, buyer leads, properties you own/have under contract, or contacts into your FreedomSoft account. The video above will show you how to set up FreedomSoft for seamless organization and then how to import your records straight into the right area. No matter what system you're coming to FreedomSoft from, be that pen and paper or another software platform, you can be sure that your leads will be organized from Day 1 following our import steps.
To import you will need a CSV file. To create a .CSV file, simply click Save As in Excel, change the file type to “.CSV (comma delimited) and then proceed to save the document.
- You can import prospects, leads, properties, buyers, and contacts into FreedomSoft and all data imports work the same way.
Best practice: Always set up a pipeline channel (list, campaign, workspace) first for the records. If you have one already for the import, you can skip setting up a new one.
- Create a new list, campaign, or workspace unless you already have one in place that you want the imported records placed into.
- To create a new Pipeline, click My Pipeline which is found in the Leads tab in FreedomSoft, and then click on Lists, Campaigns, or Workspaces. Select the blue "New" button.
- Give it a specific name, select the type that most accurately fits the lead types that you’ll be importing. If the leads aren’t from a direct mail or a website, go ahead and select Manual to type.
- Select Buyers or Sellers from the 3rd drop down based on the lead type that you’ll be importing.
- Click the blue Create button and you’ll be immediately taken into that new pipeline.
4. The next step is to select the CSV file from your computer.
It’s easiest if your CSV file has column headers in Row 1. If it does, leave the Column Headers button selected. If it does not, you’ll need to click the Data button.
You can also select a group if you want to at this step but it is not required. Groups are just ways to further organize your leads within a campaign. Once your selections have been made, go ahead and click the Next Step arrow.
5. The next step is where you’ll drag and drop the blue rectangles.
- The blue rectangles represent the column headers from your CSV file.
- The empty fields on the left are all of the FreedomSoft fields that you can drag the data into.
Example: The blue rectangle called Address is the property address so it gets dragged and dropped into the Property Address field on the left.
Note: the video above on this process is helpful if you need to see this step in action.
You will be primarily using the Property and Primary Contact tabs on the left side of the screen. If you do have Secondary Contacts for the leads being imported, you can also use the Secondary Contact tab. Importing multiple owners/additional contacts to the record will automatically add in an additional owner tab to the imported record (see example below of a record with 2 contacts on it).
Once you have all of the blue rectangles moved over into your FreedomSoft fields, go ahead and click the Next Step arrow.
6. Give everything a quick glance on the Preview screen and if all looks good, go ahead and click the checkmark to complete the import.