Document Templates make it easy to automatically generate documents within your FreedomSoft account, ultimately saving you time. You can use one of our standard templates or upload your own.
How to Add or Edit a Document Template:
1) Hover over your name in the top right of any screen.
2) Click “Settings.”
3) Select "Templates" in the left pane. From this screen, click "Document Templates."
4) You will now see two sections: "Your Templates and Packages" & "System Templates and Packages."
- To upload a new template of your own, click the plus icon.
- To add a new document package (i.e. a group of documents), click the folder icon.
- To edit an existing template, click the pencil edit icon. (Note: You can even edit the system templates.)
5) Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to a new page to edit the document. Here you can customize your template using merge fields. Merge fields tell FreedomSoft what information to autofill onto your document, preventing you from typing it in every time you generate that document.
- To add an empty variable field, click anywhere on the document. You can type directly into an empty variable field if there is information that you want on every document generated using this template. Or, you can select a merge field from the dropdowns at the top of the page, which will merge data from various places within your FreedomSoft account.
6) Click "Save Changes" when you are done. Now when you choose to send that document, FreedomSoft will autofill all the correct information for you!
Watch the video below to see FreedomSoft’s Document Templates in action!