To unlock your phone system's full capabilities, an approved Business Profile is now required by all online phone carriers and mobile carrier recipients. By completing a Business Profile, you will access two benefits inside of FreedomSoft.
- Your phone numbers will be attached to your business therefore allowing Shaken/Stir protocols to attach to your outbound phone calls. When this is activated your outbound calls will less likely be seen as a SPAM Likely Risk to the mobile carriers.
- When you have an approved Business Profile, you can now attach it to a Business Registration. With an approved registration, you will be able to send outbound SMS.
***NOTE: To setup a profile, you will need an EIN (employer identification number). If you don't have one, you will need to set up an entity and file for an EIN with the IRS.
Complete a Business Profile
1. Navigate to Settings in the top right hand corner of FreedomSoft
2. In the Phone Settings you will see the Phone System Setup tab.
3. Next choose New Business Profile
4. From here fill out all required fields in the next screen to complete the profile. After submitting, the profile will be reviewed and then accepted if all information was entered correctly.
***NOTE: SHAKEN/STIR is automatically submitted for you once your business profile is approved.
FOLLOW THESE TIPS WHEN SETTING UP YOUR BUSINESS PROFILE
Tip #1 - Be sure to enter your company name, address and other relevant info EXACTLY as it reads on your EIN documentation.
Example: If your company name is ABC Investments, LLC, don't short cut the name and enter ABC Investments. Enter ABC Investments, LLC to exactly match your documentation.
Tip #2 - Add your company name to your website. At a minimum, enter the name in the footer of your web pages and if possible, add it to the header as well.