FreedomSoft's phone system allows you to do SMS/text broadcasts to the opted in leads and contacts in your account.
Note that sending text messages to non-opted in leads violates the Traced Act and A2P 10DLC regulations.
To learn more about SMS/text best practices, click HERE.
Creating an SMS Broadcast:
1. Go to the Leads tab and click on Leads Inbox.
2. Click on the Campaigns tab and then click into the Campaign that has the leads you'd like to include in the SMS/text broadcast.
3. Click either the blue View All button, or if your leads are organized by status, you can also click on the status to find the records you'd like to communicate with.
4. Select the opted in records that you'd like to send the SMS/text message broadcast to.
5. Click New SMS Broadcast which is found in the orange More Actions button.
6. Any leads that aren't Confirmed will need to be before you can proceed with the broadcast. The Confirmation process is where you confirm that you have received permission to communicate with these leads.
Read the full paragraph before clicking the Yes button and proceeding. If you do not have permission to communicate with these leads, the broadcast should be modified to only include opted in leads that you do have permission to communicate with.
7. Give your broadcast a name. You'll also make a selection for the "from" number for your broadcast.
- Send from a Campaign - allows you to send the broadcast from a FreedomSoft phone number that is linked to one of your Campaigns.
- Send from Open Phone Numbers - allows you to send the broadcast from a FreedomSoft phone number that is not currently linked to a Campaign.
8. Once your "from" number has been selected, click the right facing arrow to proceed to the next step.
9. On the next screen, you'll have multiple options for your broadcast.
- Send to primary numbers only - will only send to numbers you have marked as primary.
- Send to mobile numbers only - will remove any numbers saved as landlines and only include numbers saved a mobile.
- Remove duplicate numbers - will remove any duplicate phone numbers from the broadcast. This option is checked by default.
- Remove numbers with DNC flag - will remove any number(s) marked as DNC by the FreedomSoft internal skip tracing system.
- Remove numbers with litigator flag - will remove any number(s) marked with the litigator flag by the FreedomSoft internal skip tracing system.
Make your desired selections and then click the right facing arrow to proceed to the next step.
10. This is the step where you enter the message that you want to send out.
- The drop downs above the large message box can be used to add merge fields to your outbound message which is recommended to make them more personalized.
- Spin Text is also recommended to add variety to your messages which helps delivery rates with the phone carriers. To learn more about the Spin Text feature in FreedomSoft, click HERE.
- You must acknowledge that the sender (you or a member of your team) is identified in the message by clicking the check box in the yellow section towards the bottom.
- Click the check mark icon when complete to proceed to the next step.
11. Your broadcast has now been created and can be found in the Marketing tab.
- Send SMS Button - will send the text.
- Call Button - allows you to call that number right from this screen.
- Skip Button - allows you to skip sending an SMS/text message to that number.
- Total Delivered and Delivery Rate stats will update as you start to send the messages.
To come back to this broadcast that you have built, click SMS Broadcast from the Marketing tab.
Then click on the name of the broadcast.
All inbound SMS/text and phone call replies in response to your broadcast can be tracked on the Active Conversations page. Click the cell phone icon at the very top of the screen.
You can also access Active Conversations from the Leads Inbox page in the Leads tab.