FreedomSoft's phone system allows you to set up automation for Call Forwarding and Live Answer.
- Call Forwarding is where you can auto-forward inbound phone calls to any 3rd party number like a cell phone or office number.
- Live Answer is where you can set up your FreedomSoft phone numbers to ring on your computer and the FreedomSoft mobile app when calls come in.
Setting up Call Forwarding and Live Answer:
1. Hover over your name in the top section of any screen and click Settings.
2. Click Call Automation in the left pane and then the blue Add Call Automation button.
3. Enter a name for your automation. An example would be "John's Live Answer" for an individual person. Or you could do "Team Live Answer" if you're having inbound calls go to multiple people.
4. Then click the blue + icon.
5. Click Live Answer in the popup window.
6. To set up call forwarding to a 3rd party, non FreedomSoft number:
- Enter the 3rd party phone number in the Number field that you see pictured below.
- Note that you can forward calls to multiple 3rd party numbers by clicking Add New Step. Additional numbers will be added one at a time.
7. To set up Live Answer when logged in to FreedomSoft on a computer or via the mobile app:
- Change the "Forward to" field to User using the drop down arrow.
- Select the FreedomSoft user you want in the User field.
- Note that additional users can be added by clicking Add New Step. Additional users will be added one at a time.
8. If you want to set up specific Call Forwarding and Live Answer times, click Manage Schedule.
With the scheduler open, you'll be able to select days and times when you want the Call Forwarding and/or Live Answer active. All calls received outside of the custom times setup will be able to leave a voicemail on your FreedomSoft number.
- To select days, simply click on them and they'll turn green.
- Then, click and drag between the times you want the Call Forwarding / Live Answer to be active.
- Be sure to set your correct time zone using the Timezone drop down field.
9. When finished creating the setup you want, click the blue Create Call Automation button to save your work.
10. Now that your Call Automation has been created, you can use the Numbers column drop down to connect the automation to any/all of the numbers in your FreedomSoft account by clicking the box pictured below to add the check mark.
11. You can also connect Call Automations on the main Phone page in Settings using the drop down pictured below for each of your FreedomSoft numbers.
If you prefer video, watch Rob set up a Call Automation below.