Everything you see in your FreedomSoft websites can be edited. The look, the images, the web forms, the copy...everything.
In this tutorial, we'll show you how simple it is to edit your websites.
To get things started, we first need to explain that FreedomSoft websites, and more specifically web pages, work off of Sections and Elements.
Sections are the large sections of each page that you'll see are outlined in green when you click into one.
And then Elements are the items that live inside the sections. You'll see these outlined in blue when you click on one.
It is possible to have multiple elements living inside of each section if that's the desired look and functionality you are seeking.
The image below shows both a text element and a web form element inside of the same section.
To add a new section, simply click into a existing one so that the green border appears and then click Add New Section on the left side of the screen.
Once added, the new section can be moved up and down vertically on the page using the up and down arrows on the right side of the section.
Follow similar steps to add a new element within a section. Click Add New Element on the left side of the screen.
Once added, the element can be moved around by clicking and dragging the icon pictured below.
Here are the current elements that can be added to any section in the FreedomSoft websites.
- The Text Element allows you to add a text box.
- The Image Element allows you to add an image to the web page.
- The Video Element allows you to add a video to the web page. Note that you'll need the video to be stored/hosted outside of FreedomSoft and you'll also need the embed link.
- The Form Element allows you to add a FreedomSoft web form to a web page.
- The Menu Element allows you to add a FreedomSoft website menu to a web page.
- The Button Element allows you to add a button to a web page. Once added, you can control where the user will go when they click the button.
- The HTML Element allows you to add a coded HTML element to a web page.
- The Vertical Spacing Element allows you to add spacing to a web page which can be used to achieve the look you want.
- The Horizontal Divide Element is also a visual element that allows you to break the web page up if so desired.
- The Listings Element allows you to add one of your FreedomSoft Listing groups to a web page.
- The Blog Posts Element allows you to add FreedomSoft blog posts to a web page.
- The Recent Posts Element allows you to easily add your recent blog posts to a web page.
- The Blog Categories Element allows you to add your FreedomSoft blog categories to a web page.
Once an element has been added, you'll see additional editing options on the left side of the screen specific to that element that has been selected. The selected element will have the blue border around it.
Based on the type of element selected, you will see different editing options available.
Most should be pretty self explanatory.
Feel free to ask our support team should you have any questions. They can be reached at [email protected].
Once your changes have been made, be sure to click the big, blue Update Page button to save your work.