Duplicate records and leads are a reality of running a real estate investing business.
The key is to easily be able to find and then merge duplicate records so that you remain organized and efficient.
FreedomSoft's built in Duplicate Manager makes finding and then dealing with duplicates simple and fast.
1. Select the records that you want to search for duplicates. This could the all of the records in a particular List or Campaign or you could go to the All Records option in FreedomSoft and run a duplicate search on all Seller or all Buyer records in the same search.
2. Once you have the records selected, click Find Duplicates in the orange More Actions button.
3. Next you'll select which search criteria you want FreedomSoft to use. Property address is a common selection since every address in the US is different. That said, there are times to use the other options available as well.
Click the blue Find Duplicates button to initiate the search.
4. Once the duplicate search has finished running, the results will be displayed like you see below with 4 options available.
- Re-Run Search - runs the same search again.
- View Duplicates - will allow you to see the duplicate records.
- Merge Duplicates - allows you to merge the duplicates together keeping either the oldest or newest version of the record.
- Delete Duplicates - removes the duplicates from your account.
If you choose the Merge Duplicates option, you will have an additional choice to make where you keep either the oldest version or the newest version of the record.
The selection you make will be applied to data points where one option has to win. An example here would be Status since records in FreedomSoft can not have two statuses at the same time.
Say the oldest version of the record had a status of Contact Attempt 1 and the newest version of the record had a status of NEW. If you merge to the oldest version of the record, the merged record would have the Contact Attempt 1 status.
All data such as names, phone numbers, email addresses, notes, pictures, documents, sms and call history etc... get merged together through this process.