Porting your current phone number(s) from your existing phone carrier is a fairly simple process. It only takes a few items for FreedomSoft's support team to initiate the transfer for you.
Here are the steps:
1. Download the Letter of Authorization form attached to the end of this article, fill it out and sign it. The information submitted on the Letter of Authorization (LOA) must match the authorized user's name and service address provided by your current carrier.
2. Scan a copy of your most recent phone bill and make sure that it includes your Owner/Authorized user name and address information for all of the numbers that you'd like to port. You can also take a screenshot if your billing is online.
3. Submit those two documents (LOA and recent phone bill) to "email@example.com" with the email subject line: PHONE PORT REQUEST
4. Once the FreedomSoft support team received both documents, the request will be initiated with the phone companies involved.
- Please know that we do not have control over the timing of the port request. It's up to your current phone provider and FreedomSoft's phone provider to move the numbers. That said, we process a lot of phone numbers into FreedomSoft and most port requests are completed in 3 to 14 business days.
Once the port is complete, FreedomSoft will use your credit card on file to process your phone number billing.
To view the FreedomSoft phone system pricing, click HERE.
Once the port has completed, be sure to get your new numbers setup properly. To learn more about phone number setup, click HERE.
Note - we do not recommend that port your personal cell phone into FreedomSoft.
DOWNLOAD THE LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION (link at bottom of page)
If your Carrier uses Twilio, follow these steps HERE!