Mail Sequences are the backbone of the FreedomSoft Direct Mail system.
Simply put, a mail sequence is a series of one or more mailers that uses automation to send mailers at a time delay of your choice. See below for a breakdown of the two types of mail sequences:
- This sequence has only one step. It sends one piece of mail on a time delay of your choice. You can set single step sequences to automatically repeat.
- EXAMPLE: Let’s say you have a single-step sequence made up of one generic “We Buy Houses” postcard, with a delay of 0 days. This means that any time you add a record to this sequence, our system will send this “We Buy Houses” postcard to that record immediately after you added it to the sequence.
- This sequence incorporates more than one step. This allows you to send multiple pieces of mail over a time span of your choice. You can set multi-step sequences to automatically repeat.
- EXAMPLE: Let’s say you want to target absentee owners by sending one postcard per month for 5 months. To do this, you could use our pre-built “Tired Landlord” sequence, which includes 5 mailers that speak to the unique motivations of a tired landlord. These mailers will automatically send on the appropriate day: 0 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, and 120 days).
**Note: FreedomSoft Start accounts have single step sequences unlocked. FreedomSoft Grow & Scale accounts have both single and multi-step sequences. To upgrade to Grow, click here.
How to Edit a Direct Mail Sequence:
1. Hover over your name at the top of any screen and select “Settings.”
2. From the Settings menu, select “Mail Sequences” from the left side pane. On this page, you will find the default mail sequences that have been built for you.
- You can edit or copy these mail sequences by clicking the pencil or duplicate icons.
How to Add a New Direct Mail Sequence
1. From the “Mail Sequences” tab in “Settings,” select “New Mail Sequence” to create a sequence from scratch. You will be prompted to:
- Name the sequence to easily identify it.
- Choose whether this sequence will target potential sellers or potential buyers.
- Add a description of the sequence to clearly identify how it will be used.
- Choose whether the sequence repeats or not. (If the sequence repeats, you can set how many days in the future it starts again).
2. Next, select “Add New Step” to add the first step of your sequence. From here, you will:
- Choose the direct mail template that will be sent for Step 1.
- Choose the lead capture campaign or phone number. This will ensure that the inbound caller has a way to reach you.
- Double-check your return address to make sure it is correct.
- Choose the delay. For example, if you want a step to send direct mail instantly, set the delay to 0 days. If you want the step to send direct mail 30 days after adding a record to this sequence, set the delay to 30 days.
Complete this for any additional steps you wish to add to your mail sequence.