Opt-Out settings control the default behavior of including or not including "Opt-Out" language on outgoing text messages throughout FreedomSoft. Adding opt-out text to SMS messages will help you target the types of leads you want to be in communication with. Providing the opt-out text means those who opt-out will be less likely to generate complaints that could endanger your SMS sending ability in FreedomSoft.
***These settings are turned ON by default. To edit, follow the steps below!
Editing Opt Out Settings:
1. Navigate to Phone Settings and Select the "Opt-Out" Tab.
The opt-out settings control opt-out for the following areas:
- SMS Broadcast/Dialer
- SMS Follow-Up messages
- Lead Communications (same for Communications tabs under Buyers, Buyer Leads, Properties, Projects, and Contacts)
- Auto-Reply messages
The opt-out settings control the default behavior for the following areas, but can still be changed when creating the message to be sent:
- SMS Broadcasts/Dialer: Can be changed during the compose step
- SMS Follow-Up: Can be changed when creating or editing the SMS action under Settings > Workflow Automation
The opt-out settings control the behavior for the following areas, and do not allow the setting to be changed at the time of sending the message, just due to the limitation of the particular feature:
- Lead Communications: When sending the first message to a lead the opt-out text will be added (if setting is turned on), and only the first-contact message. Subsequent messages will not have opt-out text added
- Auto-Reply: Auto-replies are only ever sent as a first-contact message, so if an auto-reply is to be sent and the setting is turned on, the opt-out text will be added to the message.